News from Rainbow Money Advice
Don’t get involved with a loan shark – yule regret it!
The England Illegal Money Lending Team* are warning people not to turn to loan sharks to cover the cost of Christmas.
Loan sharks are unlicensed lenders that charge extortionate amounts of interest. They have been known to use threatening language, intimidation and even violence when demanding payments from their victims.
- All money lenders require proper permission from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to lend money and those who do not are acting illegally.
- Avoid loan sharks because they will make a difficult financial situation much worse.
- If you need to borrow money, check the lender is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- There are legitimate services you can access for help with money, such as credit unions, which offer safe saving and affordable loans options. Find your nearest Credit Union.
- You are not in trouble if you have borrowed cash or have been paying back a loan from an illegal money lender. The loan shark is because they are the people committing a crime, not you.
- You can safely report a loan shark to the Illegal Money Lending Team on 0300 555 2222 or fill out the online form.
- You can also obtain help from Rainbow Money Advice by emailing Stuart at firstname.lastname@example.org,uk or phone/text 07981 760 399.
*The England Illegal Money Lending Teams have secured more than 394 prosecutions for illegal money lending and related activity, leading to nearly 480 years’ worth of custodial sentences and have helped over 29,000 people.
We Currently have 1 role available…….
Barnet Community Projects
full-time, £30,000 – £32,000 dependent on experience
Based in Barnet EN5
We are looking for a DIRECTOR to take overall responsibility for the running of Barnet Community Projects (BCP) and its services delivered from the Rainbow Centre. You’ll be stepping into the shoes of our founder and into a great opportunity to build on our existing foundations and take us to the next level. If you have background in and passion for on-the-ground community work, BCP offers you the chance to take on the running of a thriving centre and unleash your skills and creativity together with a dedicated team.
Please see below for job description and application form
Closing date for applications 25 September
Interviews 28 September
This Friday community kitchen menu
Soup of the day served with crusty bread
A mouth watering chicken stir fry
*Vegetarian option available
A divinely moreish strawberry cheesecake
As always our 3 course meal is just £1pp, we aim to have the starter ready by 1pm but can sometimes run a bit late.
Come along to our Embroidery session this Sunday at the Rainbow Centre.
Get creative with Yemi who runs the arts and craft session weekly workshops.
The session costs just £2pp and will run from 4.30-6.30pm.
Why not come along to our bingo session before the embroidery workshop that runs from 2-4pm.
Come and get involved in our weekly football sessions , show us your skills while being
coached by the Suberbos!
Every Tuesday at King George playing field , Registration at the Rainbow centre from 4.45pm.
Want to win some great prizes while having fun?
Sundays 2-4pm @therainbowcentre
Why not come to our fun filled bingo sessions at the Rainbow centre, Win prizes and get involved in other activity’s taking part each and every Sunday.